We found an antique door to use for the lower half-door. Daphne drilled out the old keyhole and doorknob plaque while I sanded.

This side had a coat of very old varnish on it that sanded off beautifully. It would have been lovely...

If the other side hadn't looked like this. This bit took a little longer. I eventually gave up sanding and tried a chemical stripper that probably didn't take more than a few years off my overall lifespan.

For the record, this door was--in order--varnished, then white, then yellow, then LAVENDER, and finally white again. All those layers had to come off.

Then we cut it down to the size we needed.
Next Page



1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24